Currently 140 Tralirs

Author Topic: [Quest] Spiders of the Barren's  (Read 1435 times)

Taral81424

• View Profile
Re: [Quest] Spiders of the Barren's
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2020, 12:54:09 AM »
Taral returned to her Ithiris form beside the man, landing gracefully. She lifted her hand and from it, a poison mist sprayed from the palm.

Regrettably, one of the spiders hit her hand at the worst possible moment. The green liquid landed on the ground, burning through a patch of grass. She growled and spat, before drawing her dagger and slashing up. The leg that deflected her poison was cut off, and her slash also caught a bit of its disgusting mouthpiece. A bit of poison leaked from an open wound.

"We need to move him, hide him. Damnnit... Taral, if you can heal him, do so now, and get him away if possible,"

Deryn had found herself next to her. Good. She wasn’t doing this alone.

“On it. Cover me.”

Taral knelt in front of the injured man and laid the palm of her hand on his injured leg. She felt energy transfer from herself into him, reinforcing the tissues and beginning to close his wounds. “Can you walk?” she asked him.

Kris

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2020, 01:07:39 PM »
Spotting the spider over by Taral, though impressed with the movement of the dagger, Lia growled.  She hadn't come ready with many long distance weapons beyond those that were her in progress things.  She did another head could of the spiders, reaching back into her bag.  She'd jump down from the tree soon enough and grab her knives from before. 

Eying the layout of the trees, she knew she quite get to Taral and the man from where she was.  She could get close.  Thinking, she looked at the distance with how close she could get.  "Damnit, too far away for my Shield of Faith," she mumbled. 

Realizing there was absolutely nothing in her bag now that could help, she looked back down and bit her lip.  Securing her bag on her back, Lia jumped down from where she was at in the tree.  The end result was a resounding thump on the ground, where she laid in a heap for a moment. 

Shaking it off, she looked around at the others, having hoped she could land on her feet, and reached for the knives she'd left in the spider earlier.  "Well, that was fun..."

RaWolfe

• Keeper
    • View Profile
    • The Citadel
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2020, 11:49:53 AM »
Taking her time to recover as much magic as she could, Ava noticed her team was managing it quite well and some spiders manage to get over her ice barrier. They were hitting the enemy, but the bloodthirst was high with them and they were on an intercept course to get their meat. Ava shrugs and knew her magic was getting low right now. She had to do something, but ... Ava shook her head and placed her staff onto the ground as she closed her eyes and started to mutter again some old language as her staff began to collect magic from the area as the others could notice the wind picking up, but there was no cloud to see.

Ava then opened her eyes and looked at her side seeing the two spiders coming closer "Not today..." With another tap onto the ground, a gust of wind blew their direction and smacked them backward into the ice barrier and even pierced one to death as Ava collapsed to the ground. Breathing heavy while leaning onto the staff "Fu...I used most of my magic in that attack.." Then her eyes went wide as she could hear steps and she looked over her shoulder to the sound seeing the larger Spider getting onto it "Shi...t..." She tried a frostbite spell, but the spider quickly broke out of it. Ava aimed her staff at the spider as the beast just slams it out of her hand as the staff drops next to Lia with a loud smack as Ava breathed heavy with the spider getting closer and the slime dropping out of her mouth.

Confusedfire

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2020, 01:33:12 PM »
Sophia had re-positioned herself so that the spiders that were coming after the party in front of her couldn't gain a sense of where she was located. She had started to monitor the battle from her position and that was when she noticed a really big spider bearing down on Ava's position. "Poor girl," She muttered. Sophia extended her left hand out and muttered the necessary incantation successfully using Hunter's Mark on the really large spider.

Sophia then loaded a set of three arrows from her quiver into the bow and pulled the string back. While doing so she closed an eye so that she could get a better aim on the creature. She fired the triple shot in which one arrow flew past the spider and stuck into a nearby tree, but the other two arrows stuck straight through it's head dealing critical damage and clearly wounding the spider, but not quite killing it. Sophia then slung her bow back over her shoulder and started to move forward. As quiet as the phrase, "A church mouse may move," Or something to that affect Sophia got all the way back to the group.

Sophia managed to get right next to Ava before anyone had noticed her presence, but at this point the wounded spider was practically on top of them. She threw one of her daggers and completely missed making the dagger go into the nearby tree with a loud thud where it stuck completely. Now the spider was right in front of her barring it's fangs so Sophia did the only thing she could possibly think to do and drew her second dagger, spun around, and stuck her dagger straight back just as the spider lunged forward. The weapon went through it's head effectively killing it.

RachOwl

• Oracle
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2020, 09:20:25 PM »
Deryn watched her fellows take down the spiders one by one and grinned. Maybe they weren't that bad of a crew. She may just take on other missions with them, but time would tell. And at this time, there was still one remaining spider to take down. She eyed it for a moment before taking a deep breath and pulling her shortsword close.

A few quick, quiet steps and she was there, beside the beast, sword raised in the air, ready to strike. Bringing down the sword, she plunged it into the spider's body, but managed to do so toward one side, doing some damage but not bringing the beast down. A quick jump back got her out of the way of the legs as the thing started turning toward her. But before it could fully get round to attack, she leaped forward again, bringing the sword down and through the core of the spider.

She swore she heard the thing scream as she pulled the sword out of its body, but maybe it was as she plunged it in, for the beast was dead at her feet. "Well... that was fun," she said to the others, looking around and seeing that all of the spiders in the area were now quite dead. She wiped the spider's blood off her sword, using first the spider's body and then the grass nearby.

Taral81424

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2020, 09:09:52 PM »
“Well... that was fun.”

Taral looked over to Deryn, hearing her make light of this sadly necessary act of arachnicide. She decided to give the Rogue the benefit of the doubt and not press her. Given their ‘success’, it was likely they’d be working together in the future. No sense in making an enemy now, when there was a nonzero chance that Deryn didn’t mean anything by her remarks.

“No, stranger,” she said to the man they’d just rescued and whose wounds she’d treated. “Who are you, and what did you do to earn the spiders’ attention?”

Kris

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2020, 09:51:00 PM »
Double checking everything around, Lia put away her weapons and sighed heavily.  "Never was a fan of spiders.  Not the ones that try to attack anyways."  She glanced over to where Taral was at and noticed her with the stranger.  "You got that handled?"

RaWolfe

• Keeper
    • View Profile
    • The Citadel
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2020, 10:44:44 AM »
The area was quiet as the bodies of the dead spiders were laying on the ground. Ava was looking at the queen and nods to her team in gratitude for their assistance as she stood up and grabs a knife while looking at the big beast and smirks "Would be a waste..." She starts to dissect the creature and some ingredients were destroyed by acid as she manages to get something out of it and even a leg piece and nods to herself as she grabbed her staff and followed the rest downwards, but not to the man yet to the other bodies.

Meanwhile, the man was shivering "I ...I am from a c....from an expeditionary group from the Coalition of Eleven. We ...we were task to investigate the Barren Tips when we ...hmm cross these spiders and I am the only survivor it seems" He nods to himself as he puts a mantel around him with a symbol on the mantel that maybe someone can recognize (roll success 4d6) as the man looked at Ava direction "I would mind if you would leave my brothers alone cat...."

Ava blinks and looked up from the body as she looked pissed at the man "What...did you call me?" Her grip tied around her staff and her eyes narrows as her tail gets fluffy due to rage.

"You heard me? I...I don't need your kind near my brothers"

RachOwl

• Oracle
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2020, 04:50:58 PM »
Deryn had been examining the area while the others talked to the strangers. While everyone was preoccupied with questioning the man, Deryn helped herself to a few valuable items from the deceased men's pockets. Then she moved to start harvesting things from the spiders, since she knew the Druid would likely want to use as many parts as she could of the beasts.

But before she could do more than bring out her dagger, the man called Ava a cat. Bristling alongside her party member, Deryn gripped her dagger tightly. When he responded to her that he didn't need Ava's kind near his 'brothers', she snapped. The next thing anyone knew, Deryn had her dagger pressed against the man's throat.

"That is not a nice way to speak to the woman who helped save you," she said leaning down to him. "Apologize to her now and treat her with respect, for she could have left you to die an agonizing death, but instead went out of her way to help rescue you."

Kris

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2020, 12:20:29 AM »
Hearing the man, Lia scowled.  "You call for help and then call names?  We could always find more spiders to come around and leave if that's what you really are wanting?  What, afraid to have been saved by so many women?  Is that it?"

Confusedfire

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2020, 03:04:07 PM »
Sophia had set to work gathering arrows and replacing them in her quiver along with her daggers that she had thrown earlier. Once she was re-equipped she had returned to the group just in time to hear the man call Ava a Cat and scratched the back of her head. "Interesting way to speak to someone who just saved your ass there," The Ranger said with a shrug of her shoulders. She placed her hands behind her back and made her way around him.

Sophia then grabbed the man by the hand and gave him a sharp tug so that his hand was against a tree. She grabbed out her dagger and in a swift move thrust it through the back of his hand effectively pinning him to the tree, "That's going to probably become infected," She said and looked at the others, "That or attract more spiders after we've left. I recommend you apologize to Ava otherwise we'll just leave you here pinned to a tree."

Sophia was once more in front of him with her arms crossed over her chest, "I could heal the wound immediately, but first you really should apologize and swear to never call another of Ava's kind a 'cat' again." She shrugged, "The choice is yours."

RaWolfe

• Keeper
    • View Profile
    • The Citadel
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2020, 03:54:23 PM »
Ava smiled at her teammates that basically didn't know her at all and yet came up for her. Giving a slight nod of approval to the whole situation, she looked at the man that was taken away by the whole ordeal and sighs a bit as she taps her staff on the ground "I don't need an apology, the man has his preferences to be an outright low scum. But so far I heard from mother, I expect none the less from your Coalition of Eleven. The questions beg the difference, what were you doing here... investigating the Barren Tips is one thing, to move a nest of dangerous spiders with even a brood mother" She points behind her to the larger spider on the hill "Is totally something different"

The man looked scared around seeing he was put into a corner and looked dirty at Ava, who felt no effect from his looks "What our business is in the Barren Tips is not yours to know, we have privacy in our kingdoms you know" The man was in a certain point right, but there was one little thing that he didn't know or rather know and didn't care.

"Right, you do know that the city of Alderworth doesn't take lightly to strangers conducting whatever project in the Barren Tips that interrupts the wildlife at any cause. We might get a price for his head at the prison with the Alderworth Guards" Looking at Sophia "Heal his wounds minorly that he won't attract other spiders please" Looking at the others "Got a binding spell or ropes?"

Confusedfire

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2020, 10:20:51 PM »
It may have been overkill for Sophia to use her dagger to pin the man to a tree, but she did not protest when the request to heal his wound had been made by Ava, "Very well," She eyed the man and muttered something that was inaudible as she set to work pulling the dagger from his hand. She held onto the scruff of his shirt quite firmly before grabbing the rope that was in her pack and bound his hands together. She placed her hand over the wound and attempted to heal it.

It didn't work, "I might have some herbs in my pack," She said and started digging around in order to look for some, "Nothing." She muttered under her breath. "I guess I'll have to go to the store in order to buy some." She shrugged her shoulders. "I do have some bandaging though," She said and pulled it out. As tightly as she could she wound the bandaging around the man's hand and effectively stopped the bleeding. "If you protest I'll tighten it and you'll lose the hand!" She told him. Sophia looked at the others, "Let's go."