Currently 140 Tralirs

Author Topic: KiDesru  (Read 151 times)

KiDesru

• Oracle
    • View Profile
KiDesru
« on: December 20, 2019, 03:39:01 PM »
Hi, I'm KiDesru, though I will answer to anything from K to Kim to, well, as long as I know you're talking to me (you talking to me? you talking to me?). I like to write and RP, and I mainly do Star Trek RPs, though I occasionally foray into other realms as well. Not really familiar with the D&D realm, though I am a fan of fantasy, including the classics such as The Charwoman's Shadow.

I found Exonia by way of advertisement on an RPG Discord server, and thought I'd give it a peek.

Now for my answers to the questionnaire!

Do you prefer:

Playing male, female, or other-gendered characters? My primary characters I prefer as female characters, since I tend to identify with them initially, before they take a life of their own, and inform me that they're nothing like me! Secondary characters (NPCs, if you will), I can write in either gender, as I see them initially as plot devices, though from time to time many of them endear themselves to me as well!

Spontaneous or planned RP? Yes. Okay, I like the big picture planned, as in, a group of us are going on a particular mission with a particular objective. But all the details, I prefer spontaneous. Since we're a group of different writers, with different styles and different objectives, I think it can stilt things to say, okay, you're character needs to react this way, and do this, and do that. It may be aggravating if another character doesn't react the way you want them to, but I think that allows you to flex your writing muscles, to force yourself to say, okay, I didn't see that coming, now how am I going to write my character(s) reaction?

Military or civilian characters? Good either way, depending on the setting

Humans, Ithiris or something else? As above, depends on the setting, but I'm good any way. I'm not fond, however, of having to write with another character who is, for all practical purposes, a superhero

Being on a starship or being on a planet? I'm good being on a planet or starship, sail ship or port, horseback or cart, depending on what type of character I'm writing

Roleplay via forum posts or in real-time? Forum posts. My secret shame is I'm only spontaneously witty if I have time to plan for the off the cuff remark

On a scale of 1 to 3, what's your preferred level of these in your RP:c

Language: 2. With 1 being "damn, hell, shit,", 2 being things like "F***", and 3 being things like See You Next Tuesday and certain slurs. I will probably usually keep myself down to a 1, occasionally using a 2 in times of dire stress for my character, but really not comfortable with 3 level words in group settings. If I'm writing solo, I do have characters who use 3-level words to define their character, but I think in a group setting, Level 3 words have too much opportunity to be misconstrued

Violence: 2, with One being, "She sliced him across the chest with her blade, drawing blood." Two being "She sliced him across the chest with her blade, drawing blood, the spray of which lightly coated her mail," and three talking about what organs formed the kebob on her sword when she followed up by impaling him. I won't object if someone writes a little gory, but that's not how I'll probably write

Sexuality: Zero to Three. Okay, I'm answering that way because, if I write a story solo, then I can write how everybody acts and reacts. But group writing doesn't work that way. And as far as romance goes, I think it needs to grow organically in a story. And I absolutely hate it when someone says "Hey, let's have our characters get together." And my answer to that is, I don't know if I can agree to that because I haven't seen what your character is going to be like. They may be the very antithesis of what would romantically draw my character to someone. I'm not against a romance developing, But I like to develop my characters first before seeing if they might be romantically inclined to another character. So my default answer now is Zero for me, whatever the rest of you want for and between yourselves is fine by me. And then once my character(s) is established, and things spark between them and another writer's character, well, we'll see where it goes. Just don't write me OOC with, "Hey, let's get your character and my character together."

What's something cool you'd love to RP? I'll have to give this some thought!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 03:40:32 PM by KiDesru »

RaWolfe

• Keeper
    • View Profile
    • The Citadel
Re: KiDesru
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2019, 04:05:24 PM »
Heya Kim!

Very large and impressive intro I dare to say. Glad to see your interest in this setting, thought I don’t remember we are having starships here haha. And the general idea here is that anyone can do a plot/quest so I definitely look forward to write with you :3

Again welcome to Exonia!