Currently 140 Tralirs

Author Topic: [IC]Common Room  (Read 526 times)

KahlessNestor

• View Profile
Re: [IC]Common Room
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2020, 06:39:57 AM »
Dreok Cross/The Smart Toad/Common Room
Evening

Lexi bustled and swayed around the common room. She occasionally gave Deryn a wink as she passed when refilling her ale.

TAGS DERYN

Lexi got back to Lia and put down a small wooden cup about the size of a thimble. “That’s scumble*,” she said. “You wanted strong. If you’re still upright after, you’re better than most men,” she said with a chuckle. “And here’s an ale, just in case it’s too much.”

TAGS LIA

When the bard came down off the stage, Theo and most of the regulars turned back to their drinks. Theo finished up his stew and handed the trencher back to Lexi as she passed before sitting back to nurse the fresh ale she’d brought. He’d had enough to start feeling it, and smiled contentedly. His eyes wandered over to the bard, and his head cleared a bit as the strange man put his hand on her. Theo tensed, starting to get up, in case there was going to be an incident, but the bard just gave the man a look that seemed to put him in his place. So Theo settled back to enjoy the song about the moon man, laughing with the rest of the patrons.

*Scumble is made from apples. Well, mainly apples, which in no way guarantees a low alcohol content. Scumble is drunk in thimblefuls, is strong enough to be used for cleaning spoons, and should not be put in a metal container or allowed to come into contact with water. Someone who can drink a lot of scumble all at once without ill effects is probably not really human.

Kris

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2020, 01:04:32 AM »
"Tempting me with scumble?  Funny enough, I've had it before, but honestly, it is a bit stronger than I would like tonight."  Lia reached for the ale, even though the scumble was tempting.  "Maybe for before I leave, I'll drink that little thing.  Tends to knock me out for the night." 

She gave a small shrug.  "Living on the streets for a time, you taste all types of things."

KahlessNestor

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2020, 06:41:32 AM »
Dreok Cross/The Smart Toad/Common Room
Evening

Lexi chuckled. “Sure thing, love,” she told Lia. “Let me know if you need someone to carry you home after. You’d be safe with Theo,” she said, nodding to a big, dark-haired man seated at a nearby table enjoying an ale and the bard. “Give a shout if you want anything else, dearie.”

KiDesru

• Oracle
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2020, 07:11:30 PM »
As Melia finished her song, the Tharkington Brothers walked in.

The Tharkington brothers were huge, the smallest one just barely two meters tall, and who looked to have shoulders as broad as they were tall. They were unrivaled warriors, knew it, and did not mind flaunting it. And each bore a tattoo, a gift from a wizard in the Marblevale Guild, which supposedly gave them resistance to low level magical spells.

Knowing that the appearance of the Tharkington brothers always meant trouble, Melia decided to take her money and call it a night. Strumming her Alderlyre, she sang:

Oh, if given the chance, to toss a coin,
To a bard, then do not pass
And thank your lovely serving wench
With a slap upon her ass

Melia found herself the target of several tossed coins, and scooped them up quickly.

And ducked out when the coin tossers began slapping the backsides of the serving wenches in the tavern. The Tharkington brothers especially seemed determined to personally spank each and every serving wench backside in the tavern, some of them repeatedly.

As the bard slipped out of the tavern, she couldn't help but grin at the sounds of a ruckus starting in the tavern behind her as she headed back to her rooms at the Guild.

-------

Melia Arton
Master Bard and Guildmaster
Lolokosh Guild
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 01:46:27 AM by KiDesru »